CARBON MONOXIDE (CO) CO is a colorless, odorless and toxic gas CO is produced by incomplete burning of fuels in vehicles, generators, furnaces, charcoal grills, heaters, and other construction equipment CO impedes the ability of blood to carry oxygen CO can rapidly accumulate in areas that are well ventilated Use of gasoline powered tools indoors can be fatal The symptoms of CO overexposure are: headache, nausea, weakness, dizziness, visual disturbance, changes in personality and loss of consciousness If symptoms occur, immediately turn off equipment and go outdoors Watch co-workers for the signs of CO poisoning...

Insect & Spider Bites Each year many workers experience insect and spider bites serious enough to make them lose time off the job. If you are stung by a bee, remove the stinger gently (with tweezers, if possible) and avoid squeezing the poison sac.  Apply an ice pack or a cloth dipped in cold water to reduce swelling and itching.  A sting from a yellow jacket can be deadly.  These insects feed on dead animals and can cause blood poisoning.  If you have an allergic reaction to a bite, get medical help immediately. Of spiders causing serious medical problems only the black widow...