03 Jan Student burned in chemistry experiment, teacher faulted
Please don’t let this happen to you. You need proper safety procedures in place to prevent accidents.
Two students were badly injured in a chemistry experiment gone wrong. Although the teacher sited will continue to work during this investigation, she was wrong not to instruct her students to wear protective gear.
This experiment took a wrong a turn when chemicals exploded, torching two students. Other students did get to the fire extinguisher, but could not get it to work. Students say their teacher is normally a stickler for safety, but in this instance, she did not instruct her class to wear protective gear.
For the complete article, go to www.nydailynews.com