10 Jun Hazard Communication Checklist
Posted at 22:09h in Safety Manual, Safety Topics, Tailgate Safety, Tailgate Safety Meetings, Toolbox Talks, Toolbox Topics
Hazard Communication Checklist
- Have we prepared a list of all the hazardous chemicals in our workplace?
- Are we prepared to update our hazardous chemical list?
- Have we obtained or developed a material safety data sheet for each hazardous chemical we use?
- Have we developed a system to ensure that all incoming hazardous chemicals are checked for proper labels and data sheets?
- Do we have procedures to ensure proper labeling or warning signs for containers that hold hazardous chemicals?
- Are our employees aware of the specific information and training requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard?
- Are our employees familiar with the different types of chemicals and the hazards associated with them?
- Have our employees been informed of the hazards associate with performing non-routine tasks?
- Are employees trained about proper work practices and personal protective equipment in relation to the hazardous chemicals in their work area?
- Does our training program provide information on appropriate first aid, emergency procedures, and the likely symptoms of overexposure?
- Does our training program include an explanation of labels and warnings that are used in each work area?
- Does the training describe where to obtain data sheets and how employees may use them?
- Have we worked out a system to ensure that new employees are trained before beginning work?
- Have we developed a system to identify new hazardous chemicals before they are introduced into a work area?
- Do we have a system for informing employees when we learn of new hazards associated with a chemical?