26 Apr Respirators
Instructor Note: Prior to making a safety presentation, obtain and review your company respirator protection program.
Our company has developed a separate respirator protection program. It is an important program because of the exposure we face in the workplace. We want to protect your body and lungs.
Guide for Discussion Generally:
- No respiratory program is required when filtering-facepiece respirators are the only respirator used and they are used voluntarily.
- Respirators will be worn when the employee is exposed to hazards such as fumes, gases, mists, vapors and sprays
- Fit testing shall occur prior to allowing an employee to wear the
- Employees should be fit tested at a minimum of annually to ensure the employee is putting on the respirator
- Respirators shall be kept in a sanitary condition, covered at all times when not in
- Respirator training should be conducted prior to wearing the respirator for the first
Company Specific: We want all our line employees to: Inspect the respirator before each use.
Know how to properly don/fit their respirator.
Conduct a positive pressure or negative pressure check with each use. Report any and all problems to your supervisor.
Take proper care of the respirator.
Never hang a respirator on a nail or leave exposed to dust.
Remember: The reason we wear a respirator is to protect our lungs and bodies against hazardous fumes, gases, mists, vapors or sprays.