It's that time of year when we all require heat to stay warm and survive the winter cold. The fuels that we burn to create heat also produce CARBON MONOXIDE gas, commonly known as "CO", as a by-product of the combustion process....
CARBON MONOXIDE (CO)
CO is a colorless, odorless and toxic gas
CO is produced by incomplete burning of fuels in vehicles, generators, furnaces, charcoal grills, heaters, and other construction equipment
CO impedes the ability of blood to carry oxygen
CO can rapidly accumulate in areas that are well ventilated
Use of gasoline powered tools indoors can be fatal
The symptoms of CO overexposure are: headache, nausea, weakness, dizziness, visual disturbance, changes in personality and loss of consciousness
If symptoms occur, immediately turn off equipment and go outdoors
Watch co-workers for the signs of CO poisoning...